jessieh

Jessie Reads Everything

Book Nerd. Superhero Enthusiast. Science Geek. Space Junky. Full-Time Whovian. Harry Potter Generation. Fangirl Extraordinaire. This is me and I believe that there should be no empty shelves.

Glamour in Glass
Mary Robinette Kowal
Onyx
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

House of Hades and Why I Love Rick Riordan

The House of Hades - Rick Riordan

I finished this book over a week ago and I still have no words that can adequately convey my love for this book!
Riordan is a master of continuity throughout this whole series. We meet people again in this book that we haven't seen since the 2nd or 3rd book of the main Percy Jackson series. And I am super impressed that Riordan can switch so flawlessly between POVs.
OMG! The things that happened in Tartarus! Tartarus is up there with the Hunger Games on the list of places I never want to go to. And Leo! I can't even. That was such a surprise and may have been my favorite part of the book. Oh and Frank! I loved his character development! Also, Hazel can kick trash! Oh! And Bob! This is the extent to which I can express my feelings.
This book was super intense and delightful. It only has increased my love of these books! Now to wait a year for the next one...

PS Can we all just admire the dedication at the first of the book? This is why I love this author.