jessieh

Jessie Reads Everything

Book Nerd. Superhero Enthusiast. Science Geek. Space Junky. Full-Time Whovian. Harry Potter Generation. Fangirl Extraordinaire. This is me and I believe that there should be no empty shelves.

Glamour in Glass
Mary Robinette Kowal
Onyx
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hunted
Kevin Hearne
Cinder - Marissa Meyer A close friend lent me this book on my Nook and all he said was, "It's Star Wars meets Cinderella. You have to read it! The main character is a CYBORG!" Unfortunately with that statement, he had my attention. I was a little worried to read this book. What if I didn't find it as awesome as he did?I can honestly say that this book held up to his glowing praise. It was awesome! Seriously, a cyborg Cinderella, what can be better than that? Make the setting Beijing after WWIV, all decked out with hovercrafts, androids, and a scary humanoid race that lives on the moon certainly makes it even more awesome. If that wasn't enough, throw in a plague and "magic". This book was such a refreshing take on the classic fairy tale. Cinder is amazing and Prince Kai is certainly charming. It was fun finding the points in the story where the author brought in bits from the fairy tale. The ending left me wondering what will happen next! I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next book in this series!